Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lush Lashies

I've been on the hunt for the perfect mascara for
as long as I can remember. I'm not a real shopaholic
when it comes to clothes but I love skincare (especially
natural or pseudo natural ones like Weleda, Aveda and
Jurlique) and cosmetics ! I used to spend hours at
cosmetic counters just trying different creams and playing
with the different colors and textures of powders and
eyeshadows. I even used to make my own scrubs and lip
balms when I had more time. Anyhow, my HG (holy grail
mascara has continued to elude me.

I bought my first mascara at 18 while on holiday in the US
and dare I say, that was the best I've ever had! It was called
`Long and Lustrous' by Revlon. I've got stick straight Asian
lashes and these made them curl without a curler! It was
glorioulsly black and it lengthened and thickened marvellously
but like all good products, they had to discontinue it soon after.
I've been on the hunt for a replacement ever since.

An abbreviated (non exhaustive) list of mascaras I've tried:
- Maybelline (different ones including the famed Great
Lash mascara : I'd give them 0/5 - 2/5 although I've
yet to try their Colossol mascara which I've heard isn't
too bad.

-Loreal Voluminous - 2/5
My lashes just flopped and it slightly thickened it
only

-Lancome Definicils - 3/5
Defines lashes but not much thickening and
lengthening.

-YSL faux cils - 3.5/5
I do like this mascara as it thickens and lenghthens
well but it smudges and is way expensive!
The waterproof version isn't as good in my humble
opinion.

- Majolica Majorca Lash Enamel Glamour Neo - 4/5
My new favourite. It's a nice rich glossy black
and has the same thickening and lengthening effect
of YSL without the smudge and hefty price tag.
It's a pain to take off and my lashes do flop.

Antidote for droopy lashes :
Shidsedo mascara base. My HG when it comes
to primers. It really holds the curl ! After you've
curled your lashies, apply this as you would a normal
mascara and then your actual mascara on top.
With this in hand + Lash Enamel Glamour Neo,
I'd say my lashes are as long and thick as they're
going to get (false lashes aside) !

I hope this has helped some of you who are also
obsessed with your lashes. Do send me your
comments or drop me a note if you've got your
own HG mascara. I'd love to try that too !!

No comments:

Post a Comment